The Plant Exchange is a community organization that encourages resource sharing, reuse and recycling. Our annual free Plant Exchange event brings over 1000 community members together, and throughout the year, we host several events that support Oakland’s designation as one of the greenest cities in the country.
Get ready for the holidays! The Plant Exchange is excited to announce the following Green Elephant Sale dates, just in time for all the Holiday shopping.
- Saturday, November 17th – 9am-4pm
- Sunday, November 18th – 10am-2pm
- Friday, November 30th – 9am-4pm
- Saturday, December 1st – 9am-4pm
- Saturday, December 22nd – 9am-4pm
Come shop with us at our SPECIAL Downtown Oakland location at 445 30th Street. There is plenty of free parking! Proceeds benefit The Plant Exchange.
Donate today – November 27th and The Plant Exchange will donate a plant(s) to a local non-profit organization.
- Keep on Trucking! Thanks to a grant from StopWaste of Alameda County and your support, we were able to purchase a 10-foot moving truck. This allows us to easily pick up donations year round.
- Stay involved between events, volunteer!
- Pick up plant donations
- Unload and organize donations
- Volunteer at our warehouse
- Photograph donations
- Write press releases
- Staff fundraising plant sales
- Help at our speaker series: free entry