The Plant Exchange is a community organization that encourages resource sharing, reuse and recycling. Our annual free Plant Exchange event brings over 1000 community members together, and throughout the year, we host several events that support Oakland’s designation as one of the greenest cities in the country.
Green Elephant Sale will be on Saturday, September 28th and Sunday, September 29th at 445 30th St, Oakland. More details coming soon!
Fundraising Plant Sale will be on Saturday, October 12th from 9:30am – 1:30pm at 4500 Lincoln Ave, Oakland.
- Wall Street Journal feature! The Plant Exchange was featured in an article about Plant Swaps. Read more here.
- Check out your YouTube playlist! Click here to see footage of the events and hear from our volunteers.
- How it all works! Check out this amazing video on how The Plant Exchange works by professional videographers Maya Curry and BJ from Green Pea Media Studios.
- Keep on Trucking! Thanks to a grant from StopWaste of Alameda County and your support, we were able to purchase a 10-foot moving truck. This allows us to easily pick up donations year round.
- Stay involved between events, volunteer!
- Pick up plant donations
- Unload and organize donations
- Volunteer at our warehouse
- Photograph donations
- Write press releases
- Staff fundraising plant sales
- Help at our speaker series: free entry