Plant Exchange Fundraising Sale
This Saturday, December 5, at our new home on Lincoln Avenue
The Plant Exchange is a biannual community event in Oakland, California which encourages reuse, recycling, organic living, resource sharing, and information exchange. Neighbors, gardeners, landscapers, urban farmers, and outdoor fans come from all over the San Francisco Bay Area. Learn more about us here.
We are a growing organization.
We had three goals in 2014:
- Become a 501 c3 Non-Profit
- Secure permanent, year-round storage
- Open a pop-up storefront to raise money to support ourselves, provide plant and garden resources, and reach out to our community.
We are delighted to report that as of November, 2015:
- The Plant Exchange is now a 501 c3 Non-Profit corporation.
- The Plant Exchange has secure warehouse space and a permanent home thanks to the generosity of Ability Now Bay Area.
- Our new location allows us to host pop-up storefront events (our first one is December 5, 2015!), provide plant and garden resources, accept donations year-round (non-living ones, for now), and grow other opportunities to serve and work with the community.
In 2014, we ran an IndieGoGo crowdfunding campaign, raising enough money to meet our first goal. If you value these events and have a few dollars to spare, please use the button on the right to make a tax-deductible donation via PayPal today!