The Plant Exchange is a community organization that encourages resource sharing, reuse and recycling. Our annual free Plant Exchange event brings over 1000 community members together, and throughout the year, we host several events that support Oakland’s designation as one of the greenest cities in the country.
Please join us for our First Annual Fall Fundraiser, East Bay Eden: An Evening of Art, Architecture, and Arbor on September 22, 2018 from 5:00pm-7:30pm at a Bernard Maybeck designed home in Oakland. Tickets are on sale now. Guests will be treated to curated tours of the home and garden as well as hors d’oeuvres, drinks, and special 2019 announcements from The Plant Exchange!
At the end of the month, The Plant Exchange will be hosting another Green Elephant Sale at our SPECIAL location in downtown Oakland – Saturday 9/29 from 9am-4pm and Sun 9/30 from 10am-2pm. The two day sale will be full of goodies from home decor, specialty kitchen items, furniture, and more. Proceeds benefit The Plant Exchange!
- Keep on Trucking! Thanks to a grant from StopWaste of Alameda County and your support, we were able to purchase a 10-foot moving truck. This allows us to easily pick up donations year round.
- Stay involved between events, volunteer!
- Pick up plant donations
- Unload and organize donations
- Volunteer at our warehouse
- Photograph donations
- Write press releases
- Staff fundraising plant sales
- Help at our speaker series: free entry