The Plant Exchange is a community organization that encourages resource sharing, reuse and recycling. Our annual free Plant Exchange event brings over 1000 community members together, and throughout the year, we host several events that support Oakland’s designation as one of the greenest cities in the country.
Get ready for the holidays! The Plant Exchange is excited to announce ONE more 2018 Green Elephant Sale date, for all your last minute holiday gifts:
- Saturday, December 22nd – 9am-4pm
Come shop with us at our SPECIAL Downtown Oakland location at 445 30th Street. There is plenty of free parking! Proceeds benefit The Plant Exchange.
- Keep on Trucking! Thanks to a grant from StopWaste of Alameda County and your support, we were able to purchase a 10-foot moving truck. This allows us to easily pick up donations year round.
- Stay involved between events, volunteer!
- Pick up plant donations
- Unload and organize donations
- Volunteer at our warehouse
- Photograph donations
- Write press releases
- Staff fundraising plant sales
- Help at our speaker series: free entry