As part of our efforts to beautify neighborhoods and reduce waste, we donate plants and materials to other non-profits, hospitals, senior centers, and other community groups. These are free of charge. Please note the following:
- You must complete the online application in order to participate in the program. Click here to see a sample request letter.
- We do not hold plants or provide deliveries. Please bring an appropriate vehicle to pick them up.
- Plants range in size from desktop to 6 ft. tall. Please bring enough help, if needed, to load your vehicle(s).
- Plant inventory changes regularly and plants are distributed on a first come, first served basis. We have a variety of plants, mostly indoor varieties.
- We will email you the date and time for the next available plant pick up one week
prior to the date. Generally this is the second Sat. of each month in the afternoon
- For our planning purposes, you must RSVP by email no later than 48 hrs before the plant pick up date.
- Bring a copy of the email confirmation that we send you to show at the door for entry
- You must send us a brief description plus photos of how the plants were used within 2 weeks of the pick up. No need to hire a photographer! Photos from a cell phone camera will work just fine. Before and after photos are even better. We would appreciate you linking to us on social media and your website.
- Thank you for participating in our Giving Green to Great Non-Profits! We can’t wait to see the plants in their new homes.
The Plant Exchange is 100% volunteer run. In order for us to keep giving back to you our non-profit partners, please consider volunteering at one of our upcoming Adopt-a-Plant Fundraising Sales or other events. Click here to sign up.