There’s a lot for which we’re thankful. These accomplishments were made possible by your generous hearts and hands. Because of you, we:
- Celebrated our 10 year anniversary, a huge milestone!
- Launched a monthly urban gardening speaker series.
- Introduced pre-event activities: free gardening demonstrations before the exchange opens.
- Expanded the number of our plant donation partners.
- Added 10 nonprofits and community groups to which we distribute plant donations.
- Grew the number and variety of volunteer service groups we partner with.
- And our biggest news, we received a grant from StopWaste of Alameda County to purchase our own donation pick up vehicle.
To deliver these events and services, we depend on donations from supporters like you. With your generosity, we can expand the scope and number of events we have each year, as well as pick up more plant and garden donations.
Your financial support today goes a long way toward ensuring success in 2018. Won’t you make a donation before December 31st? Did you know you can also sign up online as a sustaining donor? Simply enter the giving level that is right for you, check the box to make it a monthly donation, and you will be billed automatically each month. Don’t forget to check with your employer about company sponsored matching donations. That way you can double your impact.
As you consider how to make the biggest difference during this year-end giving season, I hope you will include The Plant Exchange in your commitment to giving back. Your support helps us fulfill our mission of creating strong neighborhood connections and encouraging green practices. You make so much possible.
Thank you for all you have done to support The Plant Exchange and our community.
Wishing you a happy holiday and wonderful New Year!